Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Baby Daddy

I am clearly at the point where it is very obvious that I am "with child."  Anyone walking by me at the store or in the parking lot (I would say on the street, but I actually don't walk by people on streets too often, it turns out) probably think to themselves, "That girl is pregnant."  That's it, "that girl is pregnant."  I'm guilty of this too-- the not-much-attention paid to the baby itself or the family behind that baby, that girl.

Here's what I would like for people to see when they see this particular pregnant belly:

The incredible father of this child.  The father who says goodbye to the baby every morning and goodnight to the baby every night.  The father who eagerly puts together all the baby's furniture.  The father who gets choked up at the thought of the enormous love that is coming.

The husband of this girl.  The husband who believes me beautiful despite all the reasons to not think so right now.  The husband who is proud of this girl and without a doubt trusts this girl to be the mother of his child. The husband who is patient. The husband who works hard without complaints.

Ultimately, this baby and this girl are propelled forward by the love of a sweet man, what a wonderful behind-the-scenes thing to have on our side.

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, brought a little tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and am so excited for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and baby girl are, indeed, part of a wonderful, blessed triangle...lucky girls, lucky guy...happy family...sweet!

    ReplyDelete